Full ESD Product List
Antistatic Mats & Workstations
Antistatic Rubber Rolls
Wrist and Heel Ground Straps
ESD Testers and Monitors
Ground Cords & Snaps
Antistatic Hand Tools
ESD Tutorials FREE
Anti-static Wrist Strap Tester EX-171
Anti-static wrist strap tester EX-171
Click these images for a larger view
Anti-Static Wrist Strap Tester
Portable anti-static wrist strap tester EX-171 is ideal for the manufacturing environment.
Anti-static wrist straps can fail to perform their intended function. Ground cords get stressed from
prolonged use and can break open inside the insulation. You can't see if your anti-static wrist strap is performing properly, but you can and should test it regularly.
Electronics professionals should test their wrist straps for proper function at the beginning of their work shift every day. Depending on the ESD quality standards at your company,
more frequent testing of anti-static wrist straps is common. This portable anti-static wrist strap tester is great for instant on the spot testing of anti-static straps as part of
your quality control program.
How to use the anit-static wrist strap tester:
- The assembler/operator wears the wrist strap band on their wrist as normal.
- Insert the banana plug on the end of the static strap ground cord into the jack located on the front of the wrist strap tester.
- The wearer of the anti-static wrist strap then pushes the metal pushbutton on the wrist strap tester.
- The tester measures the resistance of the ground path from the skin of the operator through the ground cord of the wrist strap.
- A properly operating wrist strap will give an "OK" LED indication on the anti-static wrist strap tester. If either RED "FAIL LOW" or
YELLOW "FAIL HIGH" LED's light, and the audible indicator sounds, then the wrist strap should be discarded and replaced with a new one.
- small size, cordless, portable operation
- performs test of anti-static wrist straps
- provides visual pass/fail LED indication as outlined in table below
- audible fail indication
- low battery indicator
- simple push button test
- tests all standard anti-static wrist straps equipped with a banana plug on the ground cord
- includes wrist strap tester and instructions
- provisioned for optional 9Vdc, 100ma power adapter (5.5mm barrel plug with + center) not included.
||Resistance Value (±5%)
|800KΩ to ~ 10MΩ
||10MΩ and above
||800KΩ and below
- test parameters are factory set to pass 800KΩ to 10MΩ, but can be calibrated to match your own specifications via 3 internal potentiometers.
- operating temperature 50°F to 104°F (10°C to 40°C)
- storage temperature 5°F to 140°F (-15°C to 60°C)
- relative humidity: 0% to 90%
- accuracy: ±5%
- net weight: 5.2oz (145g)
- dimensions: 2.8in W x 3.54in L x 1.1in T (7.1cm x 9.0cm x 2.8cm)
- operating voltage: ≥ 6.5 volts ≤ 9 volts (batt low indicator set at 6.5V)
Anti-static wrist strap tester EX-171 is economically priced at:
Quantity 1 to 9 $ 59.95
Quantity 10 or more $ 54.95
Mail or FAX Order Anti-static Wrist Strap Tester EX-171
Static-ESD Home Page .